Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh girl, dancing down those dirty and dusty trails

It's official: I'm about to start a new chapter in my dépaysée life. In less than a month, I'll be saying 'au revoir' to my beloved City of Lights (for now, at least) and returning to my homeland for just long enough to unpack my European belongings, box up my Maryland belongings (for my mother's impending move away from my childhood home) and repack for my next adventure: teaching English in Chile, South America! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, J'adork will become... yo adorok?

Hmm. Maybe I'll stick with the name.

In any case, the sweet side of this, oh faithful readership of approximately three people, is that I will be making a renewed effort to blog more regularly in the coming months, first because I have a lot of backlogged Parisian babble to share before I leave, and second because I'll have lots of new Chilean discoveries to share.

In fact, I'm going to write a post EVERYDAY between now and my departure from Paris on the 27th (cue the Zut alors! Sacre bleu! and all those other antiquated interjections). To start us off, here's a gem of a song from the 80s that I might adopt as my personal anthem. Shake it hip to hip and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment